Sunday, September 28, 2008

Fag End of Youth?

Am I? In the next couple of days I'll be turning another year older and another year left to the big 3 'Oh'. And Im suddenly beginning to feel old! Nostalgic. Santosh left me a comment on my DJ night and college memories post and felt that I should've participated in that dance that night and I would've felt younger - but since I didnt - I did feel older! I just couldnt let go of my inhibitions and go out there to dance. I was rather thinking of having my dinner before my bus leaves at 9pm! There used to be a time when dance and participation in anything came before food...

Was watching all these Indian idols and Star VOI auditions. Then hubby says: "How many opportunities the 'youth' have these days",
Me " sorry? did you just say 'youth'?" He gives me that blank look."You said 'Youth' like we dont belong to youth? Hello? We still havent touched 30 yet!!" And then he realised what he had said - "Oh! Yeah! Dont you think you and me are too old for these things now? I guess we've reached the fag end of youth!"

That made me think think think - grown old? Naah! Even now give me an opportunity to let me hair down and shake a leg I will! I dont even have a single grey hair - yet *Grin* Still, when I see the current college crowd - their dressing sense, their confidence (they definitely have more than what we had in college), their opportunities for career - it need not necessarily be Medicine/Engg anymore...The parents are also more relaxed. Or even the varied party options they have! The exposure and access to a lot of things that we craved for or paid the measly pocket money for! (say the internet? I used to shell out precious 30-40Rs for every 1 hour!)

Oh! but I am looking forward to this last year when I can still say 'Im in my 20's!' :-) and also to the year Im expecting will bring in a lot of life style changes!

Wish me luck on 1st!!

5 comments:

  1. Hey Rush,
    Let me have the honor of being the first one to wish you a very happy birthday... Sharath and I are in the same boat as you (stepping out of the 20's next year) and i agree that its very intimidating.
    But for now, you have 1 full year to live life to the fullest. Have a blast on 10/01 and the whole year ahead. Shake those legs and the hips for once. Dont worry abt the 9 pm bus or the food. Just live this year for yourself, only yourself.
    Take care and god bless.
    Luv,
    S and N.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Nikhil - No 9pm bus or office food for me that day :-) Am taking the day off to spend the day with hubby - he's taking off too! So shake a leg and the hips - sure with him-no limits this time!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK ! I will do my good karma for the day and make you feel a lot lot younger :o)

    There were no internet cafes in bombay when i was in college :o) or atleast till my last year in college !

    Bas ?? Khush ?? lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooops ! and a belated Birthday wishes tooo !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wifey, Victor Hugo once said, "Forty is the old age of youth, fifty is the youth of old age."

    Going by that we are still in the infancy of old age and prime of our youth. Three cheers to that.

    ReplyDelete