Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tagged! -My first one

Santosh has tagged me to: “Jot down 5 of your favorite quotes from the various books you’ve read. If you don’t have the books with you now, googling (Wikiquotes and the like) can be used to find them. Tag five people and acknowledge the person who tagged you.”

and Oh!My! God! I've been thinking and thinking about this for quite some time now. having read so many books over the years, i've always liked a scene,a paragraph or sometimes the complete book that i've read more than once - but quotes?? :-O This would be the toughest one... Here goes:

1. When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it. – Alchemist-Paulo Coelho

I first read this book in college and at that time when life was so indecisive and confusing this statement was often used by us friends to find some comfort for ourselves! And this is one statement thats been tried and tested and twisted in most
movies too!

2.You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view... until you climb into his skin and walk around in it. - Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird

I actually read this book becoz Rahul Dravid had mentioned in some interview that he liked this book a lot! *grinn!* and I really liked the book...

3.If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place. – Nora Roberts

I dont remember the book, but I like this author :-) and i had written it down long ago-surprisingly I also found it in Wikiquotes.

4.But love clears the vision. You see better, sharper, because you feel more than you did before – Memory in Death – NR

Since I've been reading all her books for the past couple months-I cant think of any other quotes from novels right now!!

5. What are we, after all, without our memories … without our dreams? ~ The Wedding, Nicholas Sparks

This book was recomended by a friend and I liked the simple style of writing-nothing over the top. A good read.

Im not very happy with this list but I guess it will have to do for now. Am not finding so many of them in Wiki Quotes either! So, I guess I'll just make another list as and when I come across something I like-atleast next time I do a tag it'll come in handy! :-)

Oh! And I tag only 2 people who read (regularly, I think )my blog:

Sanju
Nikhil

3 comments:

  1. thanks for tagging. Job completed and passed on.
    and btw, congrats. Will call you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Thanks for taking this up even though it was a tough one :o)

    You know Alchemist features on most people list of fav quotes. however it has one line which was my favorite, but just could not find it again in the book, nor on the internet !! I so wanted to include that line in my list...

    BTW congrats for whatever reason Nikhils congratulating you for :o) I am sure it is for a good reason !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Babes... i think u r going to kill me for this... I do read urs pretty regularly.. but just haven't blogged or checked it since august. Will do it ASAP .. SORRY !! :-(((

    ReplyDelete