Monday, May 16, 2011

Conversations and Observations

Most often when we are alone some things just strike. Hmmm.... I realised my skin is really low maintenance - no costly products/no branded moistureisers/ no heavy makeup/ no perfume - no siree it doesnt need any such things. All it needs is regular johnson baby oil before bath! BUT the 1 day I forget it makes sure it reminds me in a really harsh way by deciding to develop rashes...And i realised that no matter how much I pamper it with the costliest branded products it takes its own sweet time to get back to normal - on that similarity...

Arent we like that too? Most friends I talk to, most 'women' magazine articles I read. makes me think...

Isnt a lovely home cooked dinner better than an expensive 5 star hotel dinner with 50 other people?

Isnt everyday hugs and cuddles better than an 'anniversary s*x'? (I read this term in some magazine - did you know?!)

Isnt a weekend spent at home sharing responsibilites and having conversation better than an international holiday once an year?

Isnt a loving back/foot run better than a 'gift' of Spa package?

Isnt 5 mins of attention everyday better than complimenting with 'rich' gifts on the birthday?

Isnt a festival shared with friends and family at home better than a holiday resort?

And they say women are 'high maintenance'??! :-O

PS: Not that we dont want the expensive stuff, you know, they are all bonus. I mean we need the essentials first and bonus comes next - rightttt?

4 comments:

  1. Well Paris Hilton will disagree with us here.. :D but yes Simple things are the best.. A Good Thought..

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Seeps - Paris Hilton's life IS one big holiday -dontcha think so? I mean - international holidays and solitaire diamonds are passe' for her or her everyday mundane life - isnt it?

    I wouldnt have said any of these if I were Paris Hilton now - would I?!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Believe me you don't want to be Paris Hilton. She comes out to be one High Maintenance Unhappy Gal! :)

    However I wouldn't mind having a Private Yacht on which I could just take off whenever I feel like! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. According to S, "bonus" are the new "essentials" :-)

    ReplyDelete