Monday, June 20, 2011

For my Son's Father

Who said only Daughters and Fathers have a special bonding - Let me show them the 2 of you!!

I couldnt have asked for a better Dad for chuktu! I am so glad, I insisted that you would be the first person to hold/carry him. Knowing you I realised that, that moment will define the relationship for you. Until then chutku was a part of me - but that moment - he was all yours.And I see that bond only growing deeper and stronger with each passing day.

I enjoy every moment I see you enjoying the time with him - playing with him, changing him, bathing him, showing him the 'Pakki'* , struggling to feed him. And the best of all - you get up in the middle of the night to give him milk and there are nights when Im dead to the world and dont even realise it!You are such a Hands-On Dad that I have no worries leaving Chutku with you alone, at all.

And it amuses me no end, when you refuse to brush his teeth or make him wear his shirt in fear of hurting him! You even dont play rough with him! Its me who is rolling around,throwing him up in the air,running around while you prefer to give him a pillow and watch him play with it AND keep a hawk eye that he doesnt get too close to the edge of the bed... You still think of him as that frail little baby you first carried :-)

And I love it when you say 'Paapa, He's such a small baby' when Im irritated at the end of the day and scold him for climbing all over me...When you see him sleeping and you smile looking at him - no matter even if its past 11pm in the night and your own eyes are closing shut.

I can feel the love when I see your eyes tear-up when he gets hurt, or the times you feel guilty for not being more careful.

Wishing you a very happy Father's day - Hubby!


*Pakki = Pakshi (Bird)


Luuuvvvv








Original and Copy


Bade Miyan, Chote Miyan


5 comments:

  1. and this my dear is a total kala tikka post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you wifey!!Chutku is the most priceless gift you have given me and I will cherish it for this and all the other lifetimes to come. Thank you for this wonderful post and the wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey,

    Chutku certainly is lucky to have both of you as his parents. He will be a proud son, I'm sure!

    Regards,
    Seema

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Seema - Thank You! We are so scared how we will manage to teach him everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of the sweetest post I have read, I have depressed and reading this was such a relief.. Chutku and you are blessed to have him around :)

    ReplyDelete