Friday, June 10, 2011

Gifts and Giving

Almost everyone who called to wish us for the anniversary yesterday had this question - "So what did he give you?" or "What are you giving him?"

But we dont gift anything for the anniversary. What is the point? I mean, I give him something he wants and he gives me back something I want? We anyway do that for Birthdays or for that matter if we know what the other one really wants we just buy it - It really doesnt need an occassion. And where is the 'Us' in it? Its again you and me - isnt it?

And that said - We both love  travelling and seeing new places. So our one gift for each other is to take a few days off and go see a new place. Ever since we went to Mauritius after wedding we decided we will take frequent trips and definitely for the anniversary. And enjoy, unwind and have a nice time. Have some 'US' time. THAT is our gift to each other. I think that time we spend with each other making happy memories are the best gifts than the material ones.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome..though RD does give me a lot of stuff on the anniversary, I give him stuff like tissue boxes to keep in the car if R's nose is flowing and all that ;)

    Wishing you both many more years of US time together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. perfect gift, that is :) enjoy the trip..whenever it happens :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I copy paste this in my blog..You said what I wanted to say..Can't agree more to this post. We have similar inter too :)

    ReplyDelete