Monday, September 5, 2011

Denise the Menace and 90s songs...

Confused with the title? Well thats what this weekend was all about...

After a long time Chutku and I spent the weekend at our own home! With my parents away in Shirdi and my In-Laws for a weekend outing with friends - we werent expecting anyone home and had no where to go either! so what did we do - we slept and we slept and we listened to lovely 90s songs (Oh! remind me to put those links) and danced to it too :-) In between we managed to clean the kitchen/change bedsheets and all other sundry weekend tasks also got done in no hurry - No Hurry - that was the catch word for the weekend...

And why only chutku and I? Chutku's Dad was away at work - his project release having been postponed by 1 more week :-( God! Im looking forward to his release more than him I think! 3 months now without a weekend and long 12 hr days...

And all the menaces that the little Denise did:

Started with breaking my specs into 2 halves resulting in me going naked eye for 2 whole days :-( Yet to get my new frame and am temporarily wearing disposable lens today and squinting making, everyone in the office ask what happened!

Then he pulled the bed side drawer so hard that the entire drawer and the contents all collapsed - on his little finger which resulted in howling one can only imagine!

Again on saturday evening he fell flat on his face and has a nice blue bruise on that flat nose - playing in front of the house - what rain and cemented slope in front of the house gate can do...

He has discovered sketch pens! And we have a new artist and drawings on the dining room walls, I tried hiding one with a chair but now a new one has come up thats right next to the utility door and I can do nothing about it. That was what he was searching for (after I hid it) in the drawer that fell on his finger...

Have you ever seen a young boy fascinated with bangles? Im tired of hiding it from him - he somehow figures it out and all my bangles get strewn all around the house.Thankfully they are metal bangles - but they are all new - ones I bought for the wedding recently :-( I need to desperately alter the contents of every drawer in the room...

And  finally - to make him true to his name, we got him a hair cut yesterday evening - the entire Unisex parlor stopped functioning and was watching the proceedings - Imagine hubby actually sitting on the chair and holding him, me holding the little hands and head and Chutku screaming pleadingly "Ammaaaa, aaaammmmmaaaaaa" while the young hair dresser was sweating profusely to cut the 4 and 20 hair on the little fellows head - so finally - my Baby became a Boy yesterday and Im still wiping my tears... And he looks JUST like Denise the Menace including the cowlick that stands on top of the head!!

******************************************************************************
Listening to all nice 90s songs - taht started with my SIL sending me the link on youtube for the Superhit Muquabla and Top 10 songs. And I was selecting songs on Dishant.com collections to listen to all the 90s songs yesterday - Raah mein unse, Sambhala Hai maine, Chehra Kya Dekh te ho, Chaaha Toh Bahot, Is tarah aashiqui ka asar chod jaaoonga, Jhanjhariya - memories anyone?

And then today morning on Radio heard this: Ghar Se Nikalthe Hi... instant smiles to make the day and a sudden realisation that this song/movie was released in 1996?!! WTH?? :-O 15 years ago - whaaaaa???? F.i.f.t.e.e.n years - hubby says " Man! I feel so old"



13 comments:

  1. The songs list - Gah! I am NOT old *Keeps repeating all the time*

    And Chutku can you please give him a BIG BIG BIG hug from my end..muah baby...lubooooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. RM - What? you didnt enjoy the songs list?! I never said old Baby! Im not either - only hubby is :-P hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. chutuku got haircut :) so,he must be happy and confused with the new look na... hmmm.. so given a holiday you people sleep and sleep is it?? :).
    so,young artist in making?? nice nice.. did he get hurt by the drawer?? chumma to him..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I am loving this week end updates you guys write. Your week ends are so much fun..
    And hugs to Chutku :)
    Going back to read you other posts...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol... I absolutely loved the salon scene! Please post the makeover pics... Plz plz plz (Reminds me of his Amrish Puri hair cut and Mantam came back home and said Thamatu motte ho gaya!)

    And about drawers, we had a troublesome time emptying all the drawers, racks or anything that was reachable to them from bottom to top as they kept growing. You have atleast another year to go before his passion for treasure hunt subsides...

    Yay to Chutku for breaking your specs into 2! Woohoo macho man he is... Miss him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Ashreya - Sleep is sooo precious Darling! I only realised it after Chutku and moving to our own home - so given a chance - sleep is definitely priority!:-)

    @Tharni - Wow! You liked this post enough to go read the others?! Thanks!

    @Seema - Oh God! The salon scene was e.m.b.a.r.a.s.s.i.n.g! There was no Amrish puri 'Hair cut' - it was Mogambo Khush Hua style! hehehe.

    What?! You supporting him?Bah!And I support Mantam in all their mischief! there *evil smile*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need one of these weekend where everything goes slow. I seem to be in this 'get things done' more for my weekends.

    Chotu with a new haircut. Aww I bet he look super cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. the song is one of my favorites too!! . Its just beautiful!

    And yes where are the post hair cut pics :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its always nice to hv a lazy weekend!! (Atleast once in a while) The songlist is too good too!
    Chutku with new haicut looks handsome.. But I still miss his juttu though :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice to see ur weekend post..I am so late to read ur posts, look its already weekend today..We want to see Chutku's new style..

    ReplyDelete
  11. You obviously had fun! I remember the haircutting sessions with my daughter. The hairdresser used to be so scared that she might nip the child's ears :-)I prefer the 70s songs. But sure 90s are good too for sheer nostalgia. Now, unfortunately I live in Chennai where I dont get to hear ANY hindi songs even FM is Tamil.. and I am too tiered in the evenings to watch TV

    ReplyDelete
  12. @nikhil/Comfy/Prachi/LF - Am still struggling to get a pic of him :-D Will post it soon!

    @Meera - Thanks for dropping in here. Nothing to beat the melodies of the 70s songs or even 60s songs. But 90s is when we grew up so there are some songs that I totally relate to - personaly and they have a nostalgia like nothing else... :D

    ReplyDelete